Peer education sessions support people who inject drugs in Queensland to pass on information about harm reduction, safer drug use/injecting, and blood borne virus information throughout their own peer networks.
QuICS (QuIHN’s Infection Control Sessions) information sessions are provided on request out of our Brisbane, Townsville, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast (Burleigh) locations.
- Harm reduction principles
- Hepatitis C prevention/testing/treatment
- HIV/AIDS prevention/testing/treatment
- Safer Injecting, Vein Care and other injecting related injury, illness and diseases
- Overdose prevention, first aid and how to use Naloxone
- Sexual health and sexually transmitted infections prevention/testing/treatment
Drop into your local service for a free session.