Our counselling services aim to support you in achieving your chosen goals for change.
We provide clinical counselling and support to individuals who wish to address their drug use and/or any mental health concerns (dual diagnosis).
Counselling and support can also be provided to friends, family or carers of someone with substance use and/or mental health concerns.
Counselling can focus on:
- Substance use and mental health concerns (dual diagnosis)
- Motivational support to moderate, reduce or cease drug use
- Health education and health behaviour change education
- Relapse prevention and management
- Crisis support
- Referral into other specialist services such as withdrawal management (aka detoxification), rehabilitation and pharmacotherapy programs
- Support for friends, family or carers of someone affected by substance use and/or mental health concerns
- Support to access other health and social services
QuIHN’s Therapeutic teams consist of trained and professional counsellors, social workers and psychologists who utilise a range of evidence-based therapies and approaches designed to support clients through a process of change.